• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travelling on a train with a rabbit?

I'm going home either today or tomorrow, and i cant find anyone to looik after Philly. Is it feasible to take her with me on the train? I am moving back home in 6 weeks, so i cold leave he with my sister so she would only be doing the journey once.

The problem is its a 4hours journey, changing at Manchester, and its soo hot at the minute. Shes never travelled any distance before and shes a pretty laid back bunny.

Would you travel a bunny that far on a train? I dont drive so thats not an option, but my sister has just pointed out that if I did drive it would be 5 hours in a car. I just dont know what to do for the3 best :(

There is an overnight option, leaving at 4am when I assume ti would be much quieter, but it menaas going into London, and from Euston to Kings Cross which makes 3 changes :?

Toffee and Ghostie have done a pretty long journey on the train. I would imagine it's actually less stressful than a car as it's a steady increase / decrease in speed and you don't get chucked about as they would in a car.
Make sure you wait in a waiting room so passing trains wouldn't freak her out and a quiet part of the train :)

Ive taken 2 bunnies on the train from twickenham to spalding...over 3 hr journey time and they werent phased at all by it.

It was in august and was a very hot day but they were absolutely fine.

ETA we travelled on a very busy tube and made several changes during the journey .

I think she will be fine.

Good luck though! It will be good to get her out traveling as least then she will be used to it incase you have to travel on train with her in the future.

She was fine, very very frightened at first, then settled down and started eating her hay :love: It went from being 1 train to 6 :shock: and a 6 hour journey :( but shes now out in the garden having her first outdoor experience :D I'm moving down here 5 weeks, and should have a garden, so she'll still be a house bunny but she can play outside sometimes too :D

Back