• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits:)-Update**

bitgirl95

New Kit
Since I officially am a member here. I decided I will post pics.

Here is my Thelma and Louise at about 5-6 weeks old, at the breeders house
2ngdhmt.jpg

Thelma and Louise
15i110o.jpg

5zfv3l.jpg

Here is their second litter (these are all sold):
27yzvi9.jpg

a10iup.jpg

2eq9lvo.jpg

Here is their third They dont have names yet Im open to offers though;)
35k20d1.jpg

Last edited:
Three litters from one pair in how long????

Wire bottomed cages?????

*Runs for the hills and waits for the trifle to hit*

hi and welcome........i dont like to point out the negatives on here usualy but i must agree with the previous posts, those wire bottoms look like there causing one of your buns discomfort. how long are you leaving between litters? lino flooring or vinyl flooring is good to place over wire bottom cages\hutches :)

in the states most buns are kept on wire bottomed cages, not sure but the breeders say rexs have less sore hocks kept this way, personally i don`t like them.. thelma and louise are lovely and welcome..

Thelma and louise are lovely!

However, I dont know if its more common in the USA for wire bottomed cages. But, really you should invest in some 'normal' bottomed cages which have a hard floor.

Plus, are these your litters ?

[QUOTE='MopsyMops =]
Plus, are these your litters ?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing either Thelma or Lousie is a boy, as in the intros, op said that they have a buck, a doe and 4 babies... :)

hi the buns are gorgeous but i have to rain on the parade and echoe the others sympathy my first thoughts were oh no wire bottemed cages!!! the reason we are against tehse is they can caus sores and sore hocks for the bunnys as well as discomfort how about laying down some carpet or a deep layer of hay over a layer of laminate?! its hard to see what size the cage is there but it also looks a little small? what size area do they have to play in? are you keeping mum dad and all the babies? i would love a neutered bonded group! how loverly if this is the idea? also be wary about wood chips as they can cause respiratory problems if are the sole bedding given! not trying to lecture just know we are all learning and its good ot get other opinions x x

:shock: You're breeding brother and sister and keeping them in wire bottom cages..... Rabbit welfare nightmare!!

Shame they are lovely looking buns.

Your Rabbits are lovely :love:

Here in the UK we really dont like keeping our Rabbits in cages with wire bases. It can cause lots of problems with sore hocks and feet. I know wire bottom cages are still popular amongst US Breeders though. It would be great if you could encourage change in that respect :)

If Thelma and Louise are Brother and Sister then breeding from them is really not a good idea. Inbreeding will lead to lots of health problems for the kits born :cry: I am sure you dont want that for the babies.

If Thelma and Louise are not related then did their Breeder give you their genetic history so as you know you are not breeding from Rabbits with inherent health problems. Its always a good idea to research this before embarking on a breeding programme:) Responsible Breeders will keep records of all their Rabbits so hopefully Thelma and Louise's breeder gave you some papers relating to their genetic background :)

Three litters is a lot for a Doe to cope with if they all occured this year. Perhaps you will give her a good long break first if you intend to mate her up again.

:angel:

Hi there.:wave:

Welcome:D

Both your buns are lovely:D, babies are cute too...:)

However I echo what the other folks on here say re: wire base.

Are they bro & sister? I assume not with their names Thelma & Louise:D

Last edited:
Back