• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very strange behaviour from a male rabbit

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
This morning, I went to feed the rabbits and Inky (my neutered male, nearly 5 years old) ate his food as normal but then picked up a load of hay in his mouth, like does do when they nest and ran round the playhouse and run with it in what can only be described as a frenzy. I picked him up to see if there is anything physically wrong (there isn't) and when I put him down (without the hay which he had dropped), he had a little bit of veg to eat.

Has anyone seen anything like this before (I haven't)? What causes it?

Sorry for the disjointed post but I'm very worried. I can't read rabbit rehome again until about 6pm, so don't think I'm ignoring any posts.

Thanks for any advice

FC x

its od dyou say this as this last week arhtur has been doing the same he is 4yrs old and neutered i think its to do with the heat prehaps he feels dora is pregnant or something(not true she is spayed) but he even brought me the hay when i took it from him he then took it back and ran around making a nest for them both. he looked very proud of himself... i htink its to do with the season and weather. dora can i add was not interested in the slightest! x

Thank you for the replies.

I'm glad it is not just Inky that is acting strangely, I've just rushed home to see him. He is eating but seems a bit quiet. I'm just hoping that he will perk up in a few days or I'll have to take him to the vet and see if there is anything wrong.

Thanks again

FC x

Yes, it happens a lot here, usually if they can smell a female bunny, it's nest building, that's what the females do when they are nest building and sometime the males do it as well, it's usually their mating instincts kicking in:shock:

If they do it means they are really happy:D

Yes, it happens a lot here, usually if they can smell a female bunny, it's nest building, that's what the females do when they are nest building and sometime the males do it as well, it's usually their mating instincts kicking in:shock:

If they do it means they are really happy:D

*does the dance of joy*

*proud face*

:love:

Rufus like to pick stuff up and carry them around sometimes, so I gave him a hamster-pipe in wood which he sometimes tosses around:D

Pebbles sometimes does it even though she is a spayed female, and domino pulls the hay OUT of her mouth! "I dont want kids thank you dear!" :lol::lol:

Loppy has been nest building in a corner of the shed:shock: [he's a neutered male].Daisy just doesnt want to know!!! Must be the heat

Back