• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clutterydraw's (Ruth's) Sorrel...

Poor Bun :cry:

This s*dding heat is putting so many Buns under stress and making them poorly :cry:

Tons of vibes for Sorrel

I am totally convinced that the heat was what triggered Lexie's pneumonia and when I spoke to Ruth yesterday Sorrel started to show her first symptoms of a RTI on Saturday, that was the day before Lexie died and Lex's first day in the garden since Mack passed away.

If anyone has a bun who is known to have Snuffles or a RT type illness please keep a close eye on them, the humidity seems to affect them like it does human asthmatics. :(

Thankyou for posting this Sooz, it means a lot to know people are thinking of her.

We just went to the emergency vet and she said she's extremely emaciated and her lungs are full of fluid. Also she thinks the infection in her abcess has progressed to the bone and that it's this additional stress which has prompted the RTI. she said that any additional treatment would just be prolonging her suffering as she is in terminal decline :(

They suggested that as she is clearly so uncomfortable with breathing and eating that it might be best to have her PTS then and there, or they could hospitalise her overnight although again this would just be a matter or prolonging the inevitable.

But she is still eating a little and is capable of resisting when I try to get her into the carrier (!) so I brought her home. The vet thinks she will pass in the night but I want her to do so at home with Apache if possible.

She has had pain relief and s/c fluids to make what may be her last hours more comfortable and I will take her back tomorrow if her suffering has become too much.

Thankyou for your thoughts everyone.

i didnt see.... poor sorrel.. sending all the vibes i can make for the lovely girly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou for posting this Sooz, it means a lot to know people are thinking of her.

We just went to the emergency vet and she said she's extremely emaciated and her lungs are full of fluid. Also she thinks the infection in her abcess has progressed to the bone and that it's this additional stress which has prompted the RTI. she said that any additional treatment would just be prolonging her suffering as she is in terminal decline :(

They suggested that as she is clearly so uncomfortable with breathing and eating that it might be best to have her PTS then and there, or they could hospitalise her overnight although again this would just be a matter or prolonging the inevitable.

But she is still eating a little and is capable of resisting when I try to get her into the carrier (!) so I brought her home. The vet thinks she will pass in the night but I want her to do so at home with Apache if possible.

She has had pain relief and s/c fluids to make what may be her last hours more comfortable and I will take her back tomorrow if her suffering has become too much.

Thankyou for your thoughts everyone.

Poor Sorrell xx

My thoughts are with you.
Vibes for a peaceful passing xx

I hope that if Sorrel has to make the trip to RB her passing will be a peaceful one. I'm so sorry there is nothing the vets could do for her hun. :cry::cry:

Thinking of you all during this difficult time - hoping Sorrell can pass peacefully if it's her time to go :cry: xxxx

Hmm she just came running down the stairs cos she hear the pellet jar rattling :?

I am worried I'm not going to be able to tell when she's ready to go :cry:

Back