• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try every kind?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Fudge the fussy hay eater (i know your all sick of hearing about her :oops:)
Ive ordered her Readigrass to try as she is only picking at the oat wheat and barley stuff :roll:
Shes also tried, Burns green oat, Alfalfa King Timmy hay, Pure pasture meadow hay, Cheap supermarket hay and pet shop hay, Farm hay, Dust free hay, Meadow hay with herbs but she just doesnt eat any :roll:

Should i try her with other kinds of hay? Like the oxbow hays as she hasnt had them or am i wasting my time?

Im just getting her used to grass and is on a small handful every second day which she is enjoying so im happy about that, another 2 weeks and she should be allowed alot more:)
Ive seen this and wondered if its like the readigrass? and can it be fed in large quantities?
http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=169

Im trying to get as much fibre in her as possible so she gets a handful of mixed dried herbs daily with a handful of mixed fresh herbs and mis veggies but its still not as good as hay so im desperate:(

If she eats unlimited grass daily will it then be ok if she doesnt eat hay?
Ive got 2 different grasses growing and 1 more on the way :D

I would say try as much as you can. A bunny adopted out from the centre i volunteer with wouldn't touch any thing. Then they got the taster packs from hay experts and found she will eat oat hay. She has now progressed and has a quite wide diet, all because she got her taste from oat hay. I would also try different ways of enticing her with hay to (although you may have already done that).

Yes, grass does the same job as hay. If her tummy can tolerate it, that would be a good alternative :)

If she doesn't like Alfafa King Timothy I doubt very much she will like Oxbow as my two prefer the Alfafa King hay and go crazy for the Burns Green Oat Hay. If she has unlimited grass that will be fine the only problem is when it comes to winter. How much pellets are you feeding?

She is on a mix of pellets. Each day she gets 2 SS mature pellets, 4 Excel mature, 4 Excel Oregano and 5 A&P. Ive already cut it down last week but could cut it down again?

She is a house bunny so has trays of grass growing :D So wouldnt be a problem in winter, i could have multiple trays :)

She is on a mix of pellets. Each day she gets 2 SS mature pellets, 4 Excel mature, 4 Excel Oregano and 5 A&P. Ive already cut it down last week but could cut it down again?

She is a house bunny so has trays of grass growing :D So wouldnt be a problem in winter, i could have multiple trays :)

Sounds fine. Just keep offering her the hay and unlimited grass if she is used to it.

Thanks, Well i will buy the oxbow hays for the others as they eat anything and can then try Fudge will a little :)
Once ive tried every kind then she will have to have grass :roll:
I just hope i find something that she likes :)

Back