• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Novella & Fazaiah's new home

Kepling

Young Bun
When they first came i was keeping them in a dog cage (that took up more than half of the shed) and keeping the door open, but there was only about 1.5-1.8 ft from the door to their cage, so i move the dog crate out and put the indoor hutch in, which is a bit smaller :R

SDC11921.jpg
SDC11922-1.jpg
SDC11923.jpg
SDC11927.jpg
SDC11926.jpg
SDC11925.jpg
SDC11924.jpg

The shed is about 3.5-4ft by 6-6.5ft and they are loving it already, lol.

Looks good,might be an idea to put some board on the cage as ive heard of rabbits trapping and breaking legs in those cages

Lucky buns, If i were you I would take the top part of the cage off and just use the base. They will actually be able to run around more! :)

Thanks guys, You should have seen it before!, i felt awful!

Unfortunatly i dont have board and i cant take it away as they are use to a cage and i wouldnt have anywhere to put their bottle or treats, Luckily they dont jump up there (that picture was staged D: she kept moving and i couldnt get a decent picture)
And the gate at the fronts holes were too big and novella could get out, so i put a pannel of the spare run on front of it and novella wasnt verry impressed, lol, she kept biting at it and didnt look best pleased, lol.

They do get out in the run twice a day for about 2-3 hours at a time so its not all they get :p

Im glad that you all think its a good size for them, the dog crate took a good 6inches of either side :(

But im looking into getting shelfs put up in it, cause trigger was use to his out door hutch in there and there have no shelfs or stairs :(

*Edit*
Accually ill see if i can get another pannel of the run and use that to keep the water bottle, cause i wanna make it as spacious as possible :D

Looks Great!

How about some cut-off of lino for the floor. Would make it much easier to clean :D x

Great idea! I would have never thought of that :p

I took the top off of the hutch and put in another piece of the spare run for the bottle, works great!, i will get a pic tomorrow as its 11pm and i dont want to wake them xD

You could just get rid of the bottle and give them a water bowl..so much easier to clean and refill.

They knock it over D:
So does trigger though
and in an indoor hutch with shavings and all, not nice
But its fine now :p

BUt if you get a heavy earthenware one and put it in the corner of the shed it won't get knocked over..

Back