• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland dwarf?

Nikipops

New Kit
Have had my bun for about a month now and she's around 12 weeks old, i bought from a breeder who said she was a netherland dwarf but i am unsure, i have looked at photos on google and her face doesnt seem as round? can anyone give their opinion?

123.jpg

122.jpg

118.jpg

They typical nethie is what the show nethie looks like. You can have a nethie come through that looks wrong and doesn't meet those standards, but is still called a nethie because of their parentage (I have 9 of these, lol).

It might be your girl is still at the gangly phase and that in time she will grow into her nose and ears a bit better.

Did you see the parents?

She is gorgeous!

I would give her a little while longer to grow into her looks. I have a Nethie cross and when he was tiny, he didn't look too much different to a normal bunny but as he has grown up, you can really see the dwarf characteristics in him.

She looks Nethie from the side...don't girls tend to have slightly longer faces than bucks? Maybe the google pics tend to be boys/more extreme versions of breed... Also, isn't it the very short faces that can cause dental probs in Nethies? Yours looks :love: to me...

as mentioned gice her time to grow into her size properly her ears might look more nethie like then :wave: gorgeus bun:love:

she will grow into her ears
maybe not to a show quality but i presume that is why the breeder sold her.

Looks more like a Polish cross than a nethie to me but don't take my word for it as I don't have much experience with either breeds. There is usually a huge difference in looks between 'show bred' and 'pet bred', like the enourmous 'mini lops' with pointy faces you find in pet shops.

She's probably a nethie, although not show quality perhaps & maybe a bit on the larger side than nethies usually are. This is my Rosie nethie who was dumped by a breeder because she wouldn't put out. Again I don't think she's a show quality one as her ears are slightly helicoptery but she's got the shortened face that most seem to have.

IMG_4932.jpg

this is panda my long term foster from the front, again his ears aren't quite right but definately a nethie!

IMG_4948.jpg

Last edited:
Back