• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden Run

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

We are trying to find a run for the rabbits (at seperate times) to go in in the garden.

They are house rabbits so only need a run no hutch BUT it needs to be able to support the weight of our lazy cat and next doors cats lying on it! (the cats and rabbits all get on but are never left alone). Our current run had enough of big fat cats lying on it last night and the wire started to give way!!!

We went to pets at home last night and they were really good but said that all the runs they do they personally would not recommend as they are too flimsy (We actually have a very good pets at home!! one of the few i know but really really good) and are not fox/cat proof even though their leaflet says they are!

Anyone got any ideas where sells good runs? Would like it for the nice weather!

We went to pets at home last night and they were really good but said that all the runs they do they personally would not recommend as they are too flimsy (We actually have a very good pets at home!! one of the few i know but really really good) and are not fox/cat proof even though their leaflet says they are!

:shock::lol:

I had a joiner make runs to my specifications.

My dad is going to make me my next run to attach to a new hutch using 2x2 wood and Mesh size = 1" x 1/2" (Wire gauge = 16 gauge).

Rabswood

My dad is going to make me my next run to attach to a new hutch using 2x2 wood and Mesh size = 1" x 1/2" (Wire gauge = 16 gauge).

Rabswood

I was thinking about getting one made but surely they take a while? And knowing my luck the summer will be over before i have it!! :D

Rabswood

your dad sounds very good though!! Does he fancy being borrowed ?? lol

Aviary panels might be a better idea, if you turn them on their side you'll have a side which will be 6x3 so you can make a 6x6 run and it wouldn't be as expensive as an already made run. If you make sure the wire is strong then the cats sitting on it shouldn't be a problem either

Aviary panels might be a better idea, if you turn them on their side you'll have a side which will be 6x3 so you can make a 6x6 run and it wouldn't be as expensive as an already made run. If you make sure the wire is strong then the cats sitting on it shouldn't be a problem either

Thats sounds like a good idea! Where can you buy them from? I could then make the run a shape better for them! hmmm... good idea!

Depends on the rabbit, I try to train mine to come to the shake of the food bowl bit with some I use a piece of cardboard to gentaly coral them. LOL

Back