• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for bun in anaphylactic shock please :(

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Just found my Miley with a very swollen mouth and dirty bum. Took her straight to emergency vets. They suggested bee/wasp sting, gave her painkillers, antihistamine and anti inflammitory, and sent me home with some critical care. Literally as i was about to take her out she flopped and couldn't breath.
They rushed her round the back into an oxygen tank. Two minutes later she went into cardiac arrest and they brought her back and put adrenilin in her heart which for the moment has stabilised her heart rate.
They have said it seems to be anaphylactic shock, and they are doing all they can.
Is there anything else I can suggest to them?
They have told me to prepare myself for the worst :cry:
What is the general outcome of this?

I'm so sorry for your loss; you did everything you could. :( Sleep tight little one. xx

Bless you. sending loads of love to you both I know you must be gutted and words wont make you feel better but shes alright now remember. Just wanted you to know were thinking of you both.
Shes always going to be with you.xxx

Oh no i'm so sorry :( I read this post late last night and it must have been a terrible shock for you. I'm so sorry for your sudden loss :(

I had a similar situation last year with my belgium Hare, RED.
He was stung by a bee and although very very poorly he survived.

I am sorry for your loss, What an awful shock

i wonder if it makes a difference, whether its a bee sting or a wasp sting.??

Back