• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boo Help please back from vets - not right help please

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
`Boo came back from vets, came through Ga had his teeth filed, hes come home, I gave him some syringe supplement stuff the vet gave me, and held his bottle while he drank half. He didnt struggle when I picked him up to syringe feed him and seems to be very lethargic. He hanst weed yet. He has had a nibble at some grass and gave him a little bit of strawberry to entice him. When I pick him up hes ok but flops to the ground sat up. Hes not startled like ordinary when theres a loud noise or sudden movement.
He's starting to nibble more as I type which is good. Everytime he lies down im frightened to death im goijng to lose him.
What can I do?

Last edited:
is it just the anisthetic? how long has he been home as it does sometimes take some time for them to come around totheir normal selves. the fact he's eating is a good sign.

Poor lad is probably just still very dozy after his GA - it can take a while for them to come round fully, especially if he was done later during the day. I can't imagine you'd want to do anything other than sleep if you'd spent the day in hospital after an anaesthetic, it's not so different for him :) The more you try and encourage him to move when he's still processing the GA through his system, the more stressed you're likely to make him.

I would just leave him somewhere warm and quiet to sleep it off. Leave him a bowl of water (tired bunnies find it less effort than a bottle) and some tempting food, and just leave him alone.

If you're worried that there is something really wrong, you could always give the emergency vet a ring to have a chat and hopefully get some reassurance. If he's started to munch a little though that's a good sign, but it's not unusual for bunnies to be quiet until the following morning after a GA.

thats ok
i know im over reacting just worried after what happened to brandy im oetrified of coming down to see a dead bunny :(:(

So pleased he's OK. If it helps most of the bunnies I know are off their feed in the heat.

They are just soooo lovely with such massive personalities :love: :love: :love: I go hairless with worry if mine is under the weather. At least it helps me to understand what others go through!

Back