• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do with Dylan?

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Dylan is a house bunny. All the outside bunnies are in the runs. I don't have a spare one at the min coz Snowdrop the killer REW is in it. I need to go outside and do some gardening, but I don't wanna lock Dylan up in his crate :?

He's good on his lead, should I put him on that and attach it to the washing line so she can "free range" on his lead :lol: I really don't wanna leave him locked up, and he can't be trusted to free range if we're not around. If me & Martyn both leave the room he goes straight behind the sofa :roll:

ETA: This is the same bunny that jumped out the window, so you know how he can't be trusted :lol:

Last edited:
could you take his crate out so hes at least having air?

I dont really know :lol:

But im thinking, he may get tied up with the lead?

Dylan is a house bunny. All the outside bunnies are in the runs. I don't have a spare one at the min coz Snowdrop the killer REW is in it. I need to go outside and do some gardening, but I don't wanna lock Dylan up in his crate :?

He's good on his lead, should I put him on that and attach it to the washing line so she can "free range" on his lead :lol: I really don't wanna leave him locked up, and he can't be trusted to free range if we're not around. If me & Martyn both leave the room he goes straight behind the sofa :roll:

Can you supervise him free range in the garden instead whilst you garden? Or will that cause issues if he can access your outside runs and sniff through the wire causing referred aggression probs etc.?
Perhaps there is a shaded corner of the garden next to where you will be gardening that you could put a temp pen up by using some rigid netting and bamboo canes pushed into the ground so he can play beside you but not get up to mischief in the garden? Then bring him back indoors when you come in ? i.e. not leave unattended. I would be worried about being on a lead unsupervised incase he jumps or twists and strangles himself. :(

Can you supervise him free range in the garden instead whilst you garden? Or will that cause issues if he can access your outside runs and sniff through the wire causing referred aggression probs etc.?
Perhaps there is a shaded corner of the garden next to where you will be gardening that you could put a temp pen up by using some rigid netting and bamboo canes pushed into the ground so he can play beside you but not get up to mischief in the garden? Then bring him back indoors when you come in ? i.e. not leave unattended. I would be worried about being on a lead unsupervised incase he jumps or twists and strangles himself. :(

My garden is too big for free ranging. I was only joking about the lead thing anyways.
I'll try and make something.
He's currently sat cleaning his ears under the table next to me. He'll get moody if I take him outside, but after a while he'll enjoy it.

ahaa, yeah. Oggie would be through a lead in less than a second :lol:

I have this really **** run which im cleaning atm, my friends old one. But it will do them for a few days whilst im doing this other DIY project thing :lol:

Martyn's just got home and we're off to town, so Dylan's goin back in his crate anyway :roll:
We do have another run, but it's in bits, and the wood is a bit old and dry :?

Back