• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zola has been admitted

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

She has major dental problems and only had a dental last Thursday. she recovered well and was eating OK up until Staurday evening, when all she could eat was mushed pellets. Today she can't eat anything despite high pain relief :(

She already has some spurs again on her molars and he top incisors have overgrown, seperated outwards and cut the sides of her mouth. She already has roots coming through her jaw bone and infection in the bone so we are really not sure what else they can do for her :?

They will give her a more thorough check over when they have finished todays operations to see where to go next if anywhere :(

Oh dear, poor Zola:( and poor you :( We have all our fingers and paws crossed here for some happy news for you today for a change :)

The vets have rung, she is taking syringe feed really well :)

They said her mouth and tongue are still really ulcerated from her dental last week. I didn't realise she had that much soft tissue damage :(

Overall her outlook is poor as the teeth and jaw are in such a bad way, but we aren't giving up just yet.

They are keeping her in overnight so they can assess her again in the morning and make sure she hasn't deteriorated. It will also be a lot cooler for her at the vets so she will probably feel more comfortable there too.

We going to the vets in the morning with another 2 buns so will be able to see her then :)

The vets have rung, she is taking syringe feed really well :)

They said her mouth and tongue are still really ulcerated from her dental last week. I didn't realise she had that much soft tissue damage :(

Overall her outlook is poor as the teeth and jaw are in such a bad way, but we aren't giving up just yet.

They are keeping her in overnight so they can assess her again in the morning and make sure she hasn't deteriorated. It will also be a lot cooler for her at the vets so she will probably feel more comfortable there too.

We going to the vets in the morning with another 2 buns so will be able to see her then :)

Awww I am so pleased that Zola is still wanting to fight on :)
I really hope her mouth will heal up quickly so as she can continue enjoying being a Rainbow Rabbit

xx

Zola is doing fairly well this morning :) However the vets still want to keep her in for today and overnight again. TBH I'm quite happy for her to be there as she is in an air conditioned kennel there so much better for her than a hot cage here :)

Zola is doing fairly well this morning :) However the vets still want to keep her in for today and overnight again. TBH I'm quite happy for her to be there as she is in an air conditioned kennel there so much better for her than a hot cage here :)

thats lovely to hear, hope she continues to pick up :)

Back