• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should bonded bunnies chase?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Strawberry wont stop chasing Snowdrop. He does it every morning about 6am and im sure its just to make loads of noise so i come running in to see what is going on.

He only seems to do it in a morning but it has got worse recently and she ends up crashing into things and getting stressed out. The rest of the time they are great together.

How can I stop him doing this to her? They are going to my mums next weekend while I go away so I am hoping a new environment might help.

Yep! I had to take Snowdrop out for 5 minutes this morning to give her a break and he just wouldnt leave her alone. I feel really sorry for her.

My bonded four have this too, one of the buns has to be top boss and this is how they show it! Its normal, it doesn't mean they are not bonded. They all groom each other /flop out 5 mins later. I just see it as Tinkerbell giving them all some exercise, shes like their personal trainer! :p

Huppie does this to Rambi, she nips him out of the awy if he gets to the food before her. He still seems to eat more than she does but that's her choice so I let them be. She dead bunny flops with her head under him while he finishes eating :roll:

Yeah, rabbits have amazing body clocks! Strawberry knows it's coming up to feeding times so is probably just trying to assert some dominance. George does exactly the same thing until I go and feed them, and poor Maisy is banging and crashing into everything. Greedy beggars!! :lol:

Yeah, rabbits have amazing body clocks! Strawberry knows it's coming up to feeding times so is probably just trying to assert some dominance. George does exactly the same thing until I go and feed them, and poor Maisy is banging and crashing into everything. Greedy beggars!! :lol:

I am hoping over the summer holidays I managed to make their breakfast time a bit later. At the minute the crashing and banging is getting me up at 6am and there is no way I will be impressed with that on my 6 weeks off!

They are going to be in the dog crate when at my mums while im on holiday so there wont be as much room for chasing.

Mog chases Meg when she sees me walking out with the fresh food bowl of an evening :( I always feel so sorry for Meg. Its just a dominance thing though... Strawberry is obviously the boss!! :lol: xXx

The morning trigger is me opening the curtains and the evening trigger is me standing at their door saying 'dinner' :lol:

Dinner is usually at 7am and 7pm (although I've been bad the last few days and have had lie-ins :oops:) and they sit there staring at the door waiting for me if I'm late. They have been known to sulk! Regular times are good for them but a serious pain in the jacksy for me. I used to have late mornings at weekends, now its the alarm :roll::lol:

As soon as the buns hear me open the padlock on the shed on a morning Zebedee chases Flopsy round and round until i put the food down. He sometimes does it at night too :roll:

Alvin Chases Pearl, sometimes its because hes frisky and sometimes she will start trying to hump him and he will put her back in her place.. poor Pearl :(

Back