• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed PLEASE

drboo

Mama Doe
Please can I have some advice. Tonight I have trimmed Tazmays fur around her bottom - I do this every couple of days because she is long haired and I worry about flystrike. Anyway, we were doing our normal routine tonight when a motorbike has flown down the road, made her jump, and caused me to nick her skin :cry:. I feel so awful - there is no blood, just abit of a nick :cry:. Is there anything I can put on the nick like antiseptic/Savlon? Or should I leave it alone? She is fine in herself - when I put her on the floor she just carried on eating her cucumber, but I am very worried. Advice would be gratefully received - thank you :wave:

I'm not sure what's available in your local pet shop - mine has some sort of skin healing cream, or at least something to prevent things getting infected, which I've no idea how well it works as I've never bought it.

I would keep a very close eye on it though, it's the height of flystrike season and flies look for wounds and nicks on the skin :? I'd be extra vigilant about keeping her litter trays/etc super clean and putting up extra fly paper etc to try and keep her as safe as possible from those anoying little buzzy :censored:

Back