• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big do dwarf lops grow?

GBNI

Warren Scout
HI everyone :)

Just looking to know *roughly* how big a dwarf lop would grow? Would it end up too big to go in with a lionhead? My Adrian is quite little!

Thanks in advance :)

At the risk of sounding twee, 'size doesn't matter' :lol:

Dwarf lops tend to be about 2.5kg but it can vary tremendously depending on their individual genetics etc, so it's likely that one would be bigger than the lionhead but bunnies make friends based on smell and personality, not on size and looks, so I wouldn't worry about it from that point of view :)

I got Sophie as a dwarf but she is 3.3kg... it depends too on whether or not they are 100% dwarf - which Sophie isn't!

I was just worried a bigger bun may bully my little man :oops: he's quite a quiet little guy!

The one I have the chance to get is lovely :) She has lovely floppy ears and little red eyes and likes her ears being tickled :lol: Adrian is already castrated, but I would also get her spayed :)

Thank you all for your help :)

Awwww how cute! Bullying is very much more down to the personality than down to the size of the bun. In fact quite often, bigger rabbits are dopier than smaller ones. The most important thing is to make sure you do the bonding carefully and on neutral territory :)

Bonding is definitely what I am most worried about :? So I am trawling through other posts to pick up on tips :)

Whereabouts are you, if you'd be prepared to give a donation, you may be able to find a rescue that will do it or at least start it off for you even if the buns aren't from them :)

My dwarf lop is 2.3kg. The bunny he is bonded to is 3.3kg but its the dwarf lop thats the boss in their relationship :)

Size does matter when it comes to dominance in bunny pairs. Strawberry is half the size of Snowdrop but is definately in charge!

Back