• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

myxi jab

Rachie

Mama Doe
Oliver rabbit is due his myxi vaccination soon - his card says July 2009 as his next due date and I've noticed the last couple of days while I've been having a cuddle from Ebbie bun that her nails are quite long and could do with a trim.

Will it be okay to take them both into the vets this week to get them sorted? it means bringing Oliver's jab forward slightly and although I don't think her nails are causing her any discomfort, I don't think its fair to make Ebs wait. Would the vet do his jab early?

It's almost July now anyway..:lol::lol: Get it done at the same time and save an extra journey..

I took them both in today - Ebbie's nails weren't as bad as I thought they were but they took a little bit off her front paws :)

They were both very brave and have nice teeth apparently :D

I just wanted to update as when we were done, I was stood in the reception area and there was another lady with a rabbit who was booking her in 'to make sure she was okay' as she was paranoid. So I said 'oh don't worry, I'm exactly the same with mine'. She asked me if I'd taken my two in for a check up and I said that they needed a myxi vacc. She looked at me puzzled so I said 'myxomatosis vaccination'. She didn't know what it was and said that she hadn't ever had her rabbit done even though it was six!

I told her she should as its really contagious so she said she'd ask the vet and I told her to ask about VHD too! She seemed grateful for the advice and I'm hoping I might have helped towards helping another bun be protected :D

Back