• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Tortoises

H Maughan

Mama Doe
I had a request so I couldn't resist posting a few pictures of my tortoises Charlie and George. These are both UK Captive Bred by me and my mum and are Horsfield or Russian Tortoises. They are both going to be 1 year old in august.
I feed these two on a diet 100% weeds and have full access to the sun during the day. When kept inside they are in a tortoise table and are kept under a megaray bulb.
I'm very proud of these two and I've worked very hard so their growth is slow and nice and smooth on their shells.
Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do.:D
This first pic is their indoor setup.
SDC10306.jpg

This picture is of Charlie when he was hatching.
SDC10118.jpg

This is Charlie recently.
SDC10433.jpg

This is George when s/he was hatching.
SDC10167.jpg

Here's George now.
SDC10425.jpg

This last picture is of Charlie and Georges Mummy and Daddy.
054.jpg

Helen xx

Aww cute, i'll have to get some pictures of Herman.. he will be 3 this year... he lives in an out door enclosure at this time of year.

They are lovely , we had 2 stay here last week , they are both over 40 years old , the lady who owns them has had them since childhood. We have another who is older who comes every year and he is greek and was the owners mothers pet in her childhood , They are amazing creatures , I love watching them.

They are gorgeous :love: I just love tortoises, though hubby doesn't see the attraction, thinks they're boring :roll: We have a lil old guy Timmy, who's been in our family for about 65 years. My mum got him in the 1940's when she was a girl, and he came to live with us a couple of years ago when mum became terminally ill.

Last edited:
How amazing to see them hatch!
My Harry was around 40yr when I got him, so he's around 67yr now, and still humps the life out of the garden broom:lol:

Back