• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

automatic pet feeders??

mich

Young Bun
has anyone used an automatic pet feeder with rabbits? I want to go away one night and my two get a spoon of pellets every morning and night. Thought I could leave the night pellets in the timed feeder. Our friends cant pop round and next door neighbour has two kids who would love to come in and scare my buns so dont want to ask them. Anyone tried this?

I wouldn't trust them incase they got jammed or something. Also, rabbits can go downhill so fast, i wouldn't just leave them unaccompanied in case anything happened :?

What area are you in?
Can you not see if there are any bunny boarders local to you that may have a cancellation?

I seriously wouldn't advise using one of these with small pets. When they ping open, firstly it is likely to scare your rabbit, also whilst it is shut there is every possibilty that your rabbit could flip it over, in which case the lids wont open and the rabbit wont get it's food. Thirdly if you have more than rabbit, one rabbit could easily stand on the lid shutting it on the other rabbits whiskers whilst they are eating, the damage/injury that could then be caused by a bun thrashing it around trying to get it off doesn't bare thinking about.

What area are you in? Maybe one of us on here might be able to help.

Back