• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suprise Bunny

As You Know FromMy other posts i was spost to be getting my bunny in 1 whole month also paying my self but todaii i come back from babysitiing drenched also my new clothes 50 quids worth mom gave me da money to a dwarf lop I was so shocked i screamed ( stupid i know ) My bunnyhoped back into the cage at that moment Im Getting a bit worrired since its only eating its pellets and doest eat its hay unless i pick strands out at a time out of his hay fedder to make him eat hay any ideas he has drunk water hade all of his pellets and a half a handfull of hay what shall i do to make it eat off his hay feeder ?:?:):wave::shock::oops:

I don't think you need to be desparate yet, you may find your new bunny eats plenty of hay overnight when there aren't any delicious pellets left. Be careful that you are not feeding too many pellets as he/she won't feel hungry enough for munching hay. Make any dietary changes slowly over about 14 days.

How old is the bunny and what is it used to eating?

Try writing using some punctuation to begin with so it's actually easy to read your post.

How much pellets are you giving the rabbit? If it's being overfed on pellets then it's far less likely to want to eat hay. It's like a child - why eat healthy food when there's sweets on offer.

I don't think you need to be desparate yet, you may find your new bunny eats plenty of hay overnight when there aren't any delicious pellets left. Be careful that you are not feeding too many pellets as he/she won't feel hungry enough for munching hay. Make any dietary changes slowly over about 14 days.

How old is the bunny and what is it used to eating?

Its 8 months and we asked pets at home for the same hay and pellets and they showed us the same ammount with give a handfull of pellets ?

Its 8 months and we asked pets at home for the same hay and pellets and they showed us the same ammount with give a handfull of pellets ?

Well, as I said, I think as you only got the rabbit today, it is a bit early to worry too much. Keep to the same pellets and hay, just a small handful of pellets though and see how he goes, you may come down in the morning to find he's eaten all of his hay.

:wave:

I would still let the baby get used to its surroundings. It is proberbly very scared and doesnt feel like eating or anything. Just keep an eye on it but i wouldnt worry too much..

Can we have photos when he/she has settled? :D

:wave:

I would still let the baby get used to its surroundings. It is proberbly very scared and doesnt feel like eating or anything. Just keep an eye on it but i wouldnt worry too much..

Can we have photos when he/she has settled? :D

Agreed, this is the best advice for now. Sorry, hadn't really noticed that the bunny was brand new - brain addled from busy day.

Back