• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new group of girlie rats...

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Here are a couple of pics of my new girls:

Nora, a 6month PEW dumbo... very sweet and friendly
nora.jpg

nora2.jpg

She has her 2 kids with her - yet to be named! just 1 piccie, they look similar and were hiding... will get some more pics once they've settled
baby1.jpg

and the 2 others that I picked up a few days back:
Katchoo
ratty8.jpg

ratty6.jpg

Francine
ratty3.jpg

ratty4.jpg

Their cage:
cage1-1.jpg

Last edited:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: They are so beautiful hun! I want some girls one day :love: Love their cage, if I had that much in my lads they would just sit and look at it :shock: :lol:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: They are so beautiful hun! I want some girls one day :love: Love their cage, if I had that much in my lads they would just sit and look at it :shock: :lol:

thanks :D I've had great fun setting the cage up - sewing machine on overdrive! :lol: I'm sure they'll wreck it in no time :roll::lol:
I'm down to 1 boy now - Bishop, who has had head tilt since I got him nearly 2 years ago and has had 2 lumps removed... amazingly he outlived the rest!
He is now in a guinea pig cage, as he never was much of a climber due to the head tilt, and is even less so now he is an old man!
cage4.jpg

Aaaaw, they are lovely and the cage looks amazing. I have 2 females at the mo which I got as they couldn't get rehomed due to them biting everyone down to the bone who tried to touch them. They are ok now unless you put your fingers through the cage bars by mistake (as the OH found out this morning :lol:). Hoping to find out tomorrow if I can get a couple of neutered makes to join, they are reserved but the people apparently don't seem very interested so hopefully it will be good news.

I also have 1 old boy left too who is about 3 I think but I didn't get him and his brother til 6 months ago so I don't know his exact age.

Wow that cage :shock: is that a converted bird cage? Could I ask the diamensions (sp) please? I want one like that I keep scanning ebay but no luck, I have a parrot cage on wheels but no room to put it.

And those babies are scrummy, I so want one like that so I can tell visitors that one of the cats brought it home and I kept it. :lol:

Wow that cage :shock: is that a converted bird cage? Could I ask the diamensions (sp) please? I want one like that I keep scanning ebay but no luck, I have a parrot cage on wheels but no room to put it.

And those babies are scrummy, I so want one like that so I can tell visitors that one of the cats brought it home and I kept it. :lol:

it's a Samo 82... I think the dimensions are 80 x 50 x 110 cm :D
you can find them on ebay for around £80, but the new ones have much smaller doors, so I was really chuffed to pick this older model up :)

You will want the Tower cage then which is what I have. It's £90 and amazing, so sturdy. You can get 1 from here http://www.petworlddirect.co.uk/acatalog/Rodent-and-Rabbit-Cages.html . Dimensions are 60cm x 94cm x 142cm. I have the small version of the Samo, the tom and much prefer the Tower.

Awww dumbo rats are the cutest :love:

I want a big dumbo boy (gonna call him Poirot) i will get him one day when i no longer have the girlies.

Back