• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is something wrong?

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
bluebell has always been blue in colour but since being spayed she is slowley turning brown??? what on earth is causing this and is it normal?

bluebell has always been blue in colour but since being spayed she is slowley turning brown??? what on earth is causing this and is it normal?

Probably her summer coat?! How old is she? Our lop Poppy is blue but her summer coat has a hint of brown! :D
Unless it's around the bum area in which case it could be urine staining :(

My Violet (named for his purple-ish colour) is turning brown and hes two years old now, guess he fancied a change :lol:

Wookie, my chocolate brown bunny has gone gingery, and Wuzzle who's usually creamy coloured has also gone ginger. Nibbles's black bits are brown too. Maybe bunnies get tans?! :lol:

The lilac and the chocolate (if your bun is lilac as opposed to blue) are genetically linked so you can often find the dilute (the lilac) can have more browner hairs sometimes. Likewise, with the blue and the black, but the black can sometimes go brown in the sun.

It may be diet, or condition, or fur condition (such as a moult, or coming up to it) has changed, which has done this.

My smoke pearl went rusty brown because he was old and he started to turn into a sable.

Rabbit colours are fascinating.

Back