• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My girls are boys!!

I wasn't happy with the vets I took my rabbits to when they had their Myxo jab so used a different one, suggested by Tinsel (and thank you for that, new one was really good!).:D

I'm glad I did because she was able to check and found out that my girlies are actually both boys!! I posted recently on here that they had had a bit of a scrap-no wonder if they are both boys and trying to dominate each other. Luckily their bits have dropped and they are booked in on Thursday for the snip. :shock:

Has anyone else got two boys who live happily together after having the snip?
I feel a name change coming on, definaltely can't have a boy called Miss.Flopsy!!!:lol:

yes it is often possible to keep boys together, especially if they are litter mates or you have had them together since an early age and of course if you get the bits off quickly!

They are litter mates and on Thursday they will be 13 weeks old, so hopefully that'll be early enough to keep them happy together. I can't get used to calling them 'he'..we think they might get called Max & Paddy (after the Peter Kay characters).

But if anyone else has some good boys names please share :)

max an paddy sounds good. that episode with the pig in the van:lol: oddly enough tho, i woke up this morning thinking 'reg'. no idea why at all! just felt i would be acquiring another animal one day and he would be called reg:?

ive heard 2 males can work without much problem :p

i have one male rabbit can cudnt decide what to call him when i got him but i suggest these

Bollo (from the mighty boosh xD)

and Barney :p

I have 2 boys!!

We had to seperate them at 12 weeks due to fights. We got them both neutered and then they were re-bonded! had a few ups and downs, but they are as happy as can be now!!

We thought of Max and Paddy
ROnnie and Reggie
Earl and Randy (after "My name is Earl")

In the end we settled for Eric and Ernie!!:lol::lol:

I had my 2 girls confirmed by the vet but last week I found out they were a buck and a doe as I discovered she gave birth to 6 kits. It's been upsetting me since. The kits are all doing well and have fur and their eyes are opening now. She is a great mum. Male is going to get neutered this week.

This may or may not work for you: for my buck, I looked on a website listing boys' names, wrote down a list of the names I liked and then looked at my bunny, said each name, and decided which one best suited him. You don't have to only use 'normal' boys' names if you don't want to - you could try it with any list of names that you like.

However, all of the names that I liked on paper just didn't suit my bun when I called him by that name, I ended up calling him a name I wouldn't ordinarily have chosen.

My doe was easier to name - I remembered a name that I really liked and fortunately, it suited her.

6-months later we got two guinea-pigs and for some reason, I found naming them far easier (maybe because I was just happier calling a squeaker after a Doctor Who companion, than I would have been with a rabbit).

My rule of thumb for naming pets: don't call them anything you'd be too ashamed to have a vet announce to the entire waiting room, or to tell your work colleagues. ;) However, to counteract this, you could have 'official' and 'unofficial' names for your bunnies. :)

I had my 2 girls confirmed by the vet but last week I found out they were a buck and a doe as I discovered she gave birth to 6 kits. It's been upsetting me since. The kits are all doing well and have fur and their eyes are opening now. She is a great mum. Male is going to get neutered this week.

Just in case you weren't aware (and apologies in advance if you were): have you separated the buck and doe? She can become pregnant again an hour after giving birth. You'll also need to keep them apart for 3-weeks after he's been neutered.

EDIT: Err, just realised you're a 'warren scout' - you almost certainly do know. Sorry.

Last edited:
I've got 2 boys, littermates. They've never fought but they'd mount each other until we had them done. They're great together now.

Just in case you weren't aware (and apologies in advance if you were): have you separated the buck and doe? She can become pregnant again an hour after giving birth. You'll also need to keep them apart for 3-weeks after he's been neutered.

EDIT: Err, just realised you're a 'warren scout' - you almost certainly do know. Sorry.

That's ok but yes I did know. I'm not sure about how long after the op, is it 3 weeks?

I have 2 males that happily live together :D
They are brothers but from different litters and are very happy with each other so im sure your boys will be fine :wave:

That's ok but yes I did know. I'm not sure about how long after the op, is it 3 weeks?

I can only tell you about my experience. I got my buck from a rescue centre. The woman who ran it said she'd been putting neutered bucks with unspayed females 3 weeks after being castrated and had never had a pregnancy in 10-years. This was important for me because my doe at that time was too young to spay and I definitely didn't want a litter. I can't imagine that she would possibly want to lie about this - as she'd be creating more bunnies for herself to re-home. When I queried about vets suggesting 4-6-weeks she pointed out that vets will always err on the side of caution.

In case you're wondering, my doe didn't get pregnant and was neutered at 4-months.

Edited for typos.

Well he's going in this week but she is still nursing her babies and will be for a good while yet so he won't be able to go in with her for a while. What a nightmare!! I've never had babies before and it's driving me nuts not knowing if I'm doing the right things,lol.I'm clucking away like a mother hen!:D

Gosh, that would be a shock! Hope the little kits are doing well..will you post pics when they are a bit older? Does that make you a bunny grandmummy?!!:lol:

Sorry, silly joke, I blame the hot weather!!

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody and i'm so relieved that there are lovely buck pairings about..:wave: The boys are going in on Thursday for their op..so hoping it goes well :)

Last edited:
My male had his op on Wednesday and the vet said it went really well and they didn't need to glue him as the wound went nicely back together. He was a bit groggy overnight but now he is back to normal today. The babies are amazing, I will get some pics tonight.:wave:

Bless him..glad he's ok again. :D

My boys went in yesterday for the op too! I'm suprised that they are running about tonight already. Although one has come home with a bit of a red eye which i'm keeping a close eye on. It's his eyelid that touches the eye (if that makes sense?) that looks a bit irritated..he didn't have it before but wasn't sure if some buns react to anesthetic? :?

I phoned the vets who said I could take him in if I was worried so might see how it goes and take him in in the morning if its still there. You prob wouldn't see it unless you looked hard..but I know it's not right!!

How long does it take for their hormones to settle down after being done do you think? :)

Most people have being saying 3 weeks to me for bonding him back but I'm not going to chance it I think I will leave them for 6 weeks just in case. I've noticed he is a bit more subdued because he was getting a bit frisky with me and he bit me before the op.
The joys!!

Back