• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any spare vibes going????????

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
I've got to take my bun Malone aka Grandad to the vet tomorrow. He's lost loads of weight and has become quite a frail old bun, he's nearly 9 yrs old. I took him 4 weeks ago and they said that he'd lost 5lb which the vet wasn't to worried about.But now i fear he has lost another 5lb but he won't stay on my scales all i can go by is the way he looks. I can feel every bone in his body and he's shrunk in size this last few days. He's still eating but won't touch hay of any sort and his poo's are so soft i have to bath him every couple of nights to get it out of his fur. I've had him and his brother for so long they moved in with me as babies when i brought my house. I want my OAB (old age bun) to be happy and comfortable.I'm so scared about taking him.:(

Sounds as though he has a Dental problem to me.

You dont really mean he has lost 10lbs in weight do you...........:? :shock:

Sending vibes for him

xx

He had his dental last time he went 4 weeks ago and they were fine. The vet seemed very happy with his teeth. I don't know how much weight he's lost the last time he went she said loosing five pounds in 6 months wasn't to bad.She gave me some fibreplex as she thought he wasn't getting enough fibre. I don't know if he's lost anymore weight maybe 5lb is excessive all i have to go on is the way he looks and feels.

There's always lots of spare thoughts from here! I'll have my fingers crossed that there is a simple remedy for your old fellow. Hey, my childhood bun Peter made it to 14yrs! :shock:

[We got him in 1954 & he died in Autumn 1968 - so he was 13 + at any rate. Mum says 14. The breeds were different then, & keeping was more "natural".]

Back