• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urine colour

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Not a nice topic i know but i have to ask this, what urine colour is ok? One of the buns urine looked like blood today, it has always been on the orange side but this time it was deep red and the OH thought it looked like blood too :?
I already have a vet appointment for Lionel tomorrow so was thinking of sneaking another one in just in case :?

If it doesn't look normal I would get it checked to be on the safe side. Has the bun had anything different to eat today?

Kale and spinach give a redder looking wee, best to get checked out though if nothing different than normal in the diet.

You may want to try to take a sample in (if you can get a clean place to draw some up in a syringe as soon as done).

Bunnie wee can vary widely in colour, depending on diet. If it's a normal yellow - orange colour when 1st. passed but turns red later, it is a sign that your bunny's been stressed eg frightened / heat's a prob at present. (It's caused by a chemical called porphorin).
If you are going to the vet any way, a simple "dip stix" on a specimen is a good idea.

Back