• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is your bunnies favourite type of hay?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I want to order some nice hay from the hay experts for Snowdrop since she is on a restricted diet but have no idea which to go for! She already eats loads of farm hay so dont think she will be too fussy.

Which are your bunnies favourites?

Well mine eat the Willow Warren hay most of the time, but on top of this they :love: love Burns Green Oat hay and Burns Organic mountain hay! Also the Oxbow Timothy and Readigrass (pure dried grass) go down very well. Our foster bun would only eat the Oxbow brome, but my buns aren't too impressed with it these days, they used to like it. I'd personally say forget all the Burgess hays etc and get yourself the Burns Oat and mountain hay - the best in my bunnies eyes :D

I have so far got some Burns green oat hay, Burns Organic Moutain hay and some dried nettle and camomile. At least I am not having to spend money on veg at the minute so dont mind buying expensive hay!

I am lucky they will both eat my local farm hay at £5 a bale as these hays will only be for treats!

Mine love oxbow timothy - they would, its the most expensive!:evil::lol: they like the oat hay too though, and anything with fancy flavours in...the vitaverde with rose petals went down fast, i remember.

I store most of my hay outdoors in a dustbin but little bags of fancy stuff just sit on a shelf in my room.

Daisy loves the Green Oat Hay and the Oat, Wheat and Barley hay, plus vita verde hay with peppermint. She gets through them at an alarming rate .. I spend a fortune on her treat hays :shock:

Luckily in our house any hay is good hay!! I'm so lucky that all 4 of my buns LOVE hay. They usually have meadow hay but for a treat they have oxbow timothy hay which is quite green. They all go nuts for this especially Leo but its pricey.

Ronnie and Lola get through 2 bags of the Burns Green Oat Hay a week! :lol: Lottie and George like the Oxbow Western Timothy and a bag lasts about a week. The foster buns get various hays but ive yet to find one dandelion and buttercup will eat :? I must say, i do spend alot of money on hay. I also buy a farm bale to give them fresh every morning and to use in their litter trays.

Hope Snowdrop will like some of the hay youve bought :D xXx

My bunny loves my Grandad's Hay, good job too its free!!
He has had other hay but his not so interested in it as my Grandad's.

Back