• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeding in pairs.

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
:wave:

Well recently, I have noticed that Little delly has lost a bit of weight and watched very closely and realised that Oggie is taking most of the food!
I thought they would share it, as they share drinking out the water bottle. :roll: Theres two bottles yet they choose to share just the one. :lol:.

Shall I feed them seperatly from now on to make sure she has enough?
I have a dish in their which I stole from mum and its quite large so I used to put the food in there and let them eat out of it.

But now, im thinking to brin in thier old bowls and let each one eat out of it and make sure they stick to their own bowl?
Thankyou :D

Eta - she is now putting it all back on btw, :lol: I have been hand feeding her to make sure she eats.

I prefer the two bowl approach, that way you can space them apart and make sure that one isn't bullying the other away from the bowl. I don't think you'll be able to regulate who uses which though :)

Lucy is a trougher and scoffs her food down in seconds. Lola is a "laydeeh" and nibbles hers so I feed them separately in different bowls, one in the crate, one out of crate.

Its a killer though as Lucy sits watching Lola through the bars!

Oh thankyou :D
The roles have sort of changed as delly used to be the scoffer of the two :lol: Now she has actually turned lady-ish and taken a back seat :lol:

All mine seem to be pigs and they all eat happily from one bowl and don't stop until all pellets are gone... They only get few pellets that don't last more than a few minutes anyway, so there are rarely any left in the bowl after a meal anyway.

Vera

i have the same problem, our Shauny has lost weight when we went to the vets yesterday:(.

SophieAnnie loves to eat his food, but we thought watching them for the first minutes would be enough- it wasnt (i feel awful).

So now we are supervising every mouthful.
x

I scatter the pellets as well, Eeyore tends to throw the bowl around anyway which means the pellets go everywhere :lol:

When I first bonded Peter and Mopsy I kept them to seperate bowls as I wasnt sure how they would feel about sharing. Now they go together to 1 bowl and eat all those pellets and then go together to the other bowl!!:lol:
Also if Mopsy's very long ears are in his way then Peter just tucks his head under it and pushes in. Sometimes it looks like he has a little black hat on. Must try to get a pic!

I need to get them a bigger bowl so they can just have the one.

Back