• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ice pods?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I have just got ice pods for my buns which explains why its raining today!:roll:

On the packet it says pop them in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours. Can they live in the freezer permanently so they are always ready or would they then be too cold? What do you do with them?

Mine goes in the freezer every night and Biscuit has it first thing in the morning. She loves to give it a quick lick and will lay with her paws on it, very cute.

i use mine outside for the piggies so when i bring them in to refreeze they need a good detox before putting them back in. any suggestions on best way to clean ice pods?

We just rinse ours under the tap to get the grass off. If dirty I'd suggest a quick spray with a disinfectant and rinse, let it drain and then freeze again. Otherwise if soaking wet it will make your freezer full of ice!

Ice pods are hard plastic discs filled with water and a freezing agent I think to lower melting point so they stay frozen longer. Very hard plastic - would be difficult for anything to chew through.

Always good to ask Beatrixpotter!....Clare (Biscuit Bunny) microwaved her snugglesafe heat pad before it had properly cooled and morphed it :lol::lol: Sorry Clare!:oops:
Ice pods however can be frozen and refrozen whenever you like, don't need to wait for it to thaw completely. :)

We just rinse ours under the tap to get the grass off. If dirty I'd suggest a quick spray with a disinfectant and rinse, let it drain and then freeze again. Otherwise if soaking wet it will make your freezer full of ice!

Ice pods are hard plastic discs filled with water and a freezing agent I think to lower melting point so they stay frozen longer. Very hard plastic - would be difficult for anything to chew through.

Always good to ask Beatrixpotter!....Clare (Biscuit Bunny) microwaved her snugglesafe heat pad before it had properly cooled and morphed it :lol::lol: Sorry Clare!:oops:
Ice pods however can be frozen and refrozen whenever you like, don't need to wait for it to thaw completely. :)

:shock:You are mean :p but yes folks not a good idea to re-heat if not cooled down enough (snugglesafe)

I had thought about getting one for my buuny, but didnt really know if they were worth buying or not. Sounds like alot of you use them and are good. Next on my shopping list when I got to Pets @ home!!

In the meantime, ceramic tiles are very cheap and also freeze well to provide a good short-term alternative and a good shape for bunnies to rest on. Even when they are not frozen, they are a nice cool surface to life on :)

I put mine back in the freezer once they've thawed and leave them overnight, so they are frozen the next morning. Also freeze 2ltr plastic bottles so I have spare frozen things available. Did get my icepods half price at Pets at Home, they are a bargain at the mo.:D

Back