• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass strimmings......

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
I know you can give buns mowings, but if you use a strimmer is it ok? I'm guessing the reason you cant give them mowings is because of the oil. but there isnt any in the strimmer.
Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you can't...I think it's because they ferment in a way hand-pulled grass doesn't, but I may be wrong. Not sure whether you can dry them and use them later - hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon...

Tinsel is right, you cant give 'mown' grass because the way the mower cuts and the heat generated ( i think) causes the grass to ferment and could cause tummy trouble. To be honest I would have thought the same could be said for strimmings too :? because of the way they work?
I dont know whther drying them out first would make any difference :? I'll leave that question for someone else!
I mow my lawn and any awkward bits round edges etc I cant get and then attack with the scissors and give the hand cut bits to the buns :oops: :D

Back