PDA

View Full Version : Grass strimmings......

Bluesmum
25-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I know you can give buns mowings, but if you use a strimmer is it ok? I'm guessing the reason you cant give them mowings is because of the oil. but there isnt any in the strimmer.
Any ideas?

Tinsel
25-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't...I think it's because they ferment in a way hand-pulled grass doesn't, but I may be wrong. Not sure whether you can dry them and use them later - hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon...

Bluesmum
25-06-2009, 06:42 PM
It's ok...I'll just use a pair of shears.....it's a jungle out there! :shock::lol:

Fairy13
25-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Tinsel is right, you cant give 'mown' grass because the way the mower cuts and the heat generated ( i think) causes the grass to ferment and could cause tummy trouble. To be honest I would have thought the same could be said for strimmings too :? because of the way they work?
I dont know whther drying them out first would make any difference :? I'll leave that question for someone else!
I mow my lawn and any awkward bits round edges etc I cant get and then attack with the scissors and give the hand cut bits to the buns :oops: :D