• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Welfare Stalls/ Exhibitions

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of asking my local rescue if I can have a stall at their summer fair, which is coming up soon, and I've seen that the RWA have a "support pack" available with leaflets and posters etc which looks good. But I know a lot of people off have done similar awareness raising / fundraising events so wanted to pick your brains please!!

What did you find the public were most interested in? Leaflets/ displays/ hands on (not real bunnies tho) / quiz/ trivia??
What was a hit, and what was a miss??

I don't want to be too "lecturing" but would like to give people a good idea of bunny life.

Any advice would be gratefully received so I don't make a plonker of myself!!

Thanks!

Hi, not a useful reply this one but I just noticed you are quite local to me. Which rescue is it? I might go to the summer fair if it's not too far :)

I've thought about doing this but am yet to find the balls and a buddy to do it with!! :lol: So well done you :D
I thought about doing something like making one of those stand alone folding display boards with lots of photos on it of buns enjoying the sort of life they should have e.g. my buns in the garden in their run full of toys, playing with toys in the house, two buns snuggling together, playing in the garden, getting up to mischief all that sort of thing - arranged like a gallery/display sort of thing, and lots of info as well in summary form - things like 'did you know your rabbit's diet should be 90% hay?' and 'Neutering bunnies protects....' you get the idea!
The idea being that you have that behind you and the pictures of your buns doing cute things and being able to exhibit natural behaviours would draw the punters over - and then the info might prompt them to ask questions?? No idea if that would work :?:lol:

On the occasions where we dont take real animals i try to find the space to do a house bun set up with toy bunnys and put information around it Like (80% of what we eat should be Hay, I like to have hay available at all times) this usually raises a laugh and gets some facts away in a fun way. Also stickers! You can offer people one and start a conversation from there, kids love stickers!

Back