• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Classical bunny!!

SarahGonzales

Young Bun
Hi everyone! Update on 9 week old Bunny...

He is SUPER happy in our home. He is very social - when we are home, he is out of his cage and happily follows us around to see what we are doing. Even if strangers come around, he never hides, he wants to know what the story is. He's finally happy enough to lay down with his legs out behind him.

Very interesting thing happened last night... my flattie and I were listening to our regular music on the stereo when we switched to some classical Motzart. Bunny, who had been wandering around and investigating the flat (probably looking for more of the parsley that he grabbed off the floor while I was cooking), came hopping back into the lounge, raised one ear and stared at the stereo for about a minute, before happily curling up asleep infront of it! :love: He's in love with classical music.

Nothing new to report - except that his snuffles is clearing up with the antibiotics he's on (and while he HATES getting his medicine, he doesn't hold it against me at all).

Very interesting thing happened last night... my flattie and I were listening to our regular music on the stereo when we switched to some classical Motzart. Bunny, who had been wandering around and investigating the flat, came hopping back into the lounge, raised one ear and stared at the stereo for about a minute, before happily curling up asleep infront of it! :love: He's in love with classical music.

This isn't surprising. Classical music, even the "exciting" stuff like the 1812 Overture, is relaxing - unlike pop or rock music (and its variants) which is essentially endless "thump-thump-thump" and probably represents hours of incessant danger signals to a rabbit.

Various studies have shown that people who listen to classical music have much lower stress levels and lower levels of mental illness than those who don't. It's actually better for plants, too.

Classical music is very soothing for both human and animal :)
My hamster megan passed away recently and I had classical music on for Megan as he passed away.
Classical music forms the basis for alot of pop/dance songs and is used in films,programs and adverts to build suspense,add atmosphere etc,so no matter how much people protest they dont like it, its involved in our lives, and in a big way.
My dad got me and my sister into classical music from a very young age,so more than often its classic FM thats on in my house! :)

Back