• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heat?

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Angel hasn't been right today and I don't know if it's down to the heat or not.

She's been very quiet and just sitting in her litter tray and not very interested in much. She has only just started pooing this evening and they're a little bit wet. I have seen her nibbling on little bits of hay.

Her respiness has been a little bit noisy today as well. Could it be the heat do you think?

hmm....possibly, but I think rabbits in the house don't feel the effects of the outside heat as much as outdoor bunnies do.

Is she eating Laura... xx

hmm....possibly, but I think rabbits in the house don't feel the effects of the outside heat as much as outdoor bunnies do.

Is she eating Laura... xx

She's been nibbling little bits of hay but not touched many of her nuggets. She's had a couple of carrotys. I've just had her running round a bit. Her tummy feels okay. She had a Depo jab last night? xx

She's been nibbling little bits of hay but not touched many of her nuggets. She's had a couple of carrotys. I've just had her running round a bit. Her tummy feels okay. She had a Depo jab last night? xx

She could just be a little off after her jab, but if she is still not eating normally tomorrow I would have her checked over :)

xx

Hmmm... that's interesting. She seemed to be breathing heavier than normal, but that's stopped now it's cooler x

Could be the heat, Maisy was acting very strange the other morning and wouldn't eat... I gave her an hour or so and she was back to normal!! xx

Forgot to add, although you probably know, Elwood is an inside bunny, he never goes out for his own safety :roll::lol:

He is definately more comfortable when it is cooler :)

I have had other REW with neurological problems and they have all really suffered with the heat. Hugo used to fit if he got too hot :(

Forgot to add, although you probably know, Elwood is an inside bunny, he never goes out for his own safety :roll::lol:

He is definately more comfortable when it is cooler :)

I have had other REW with neurological problems and they have all really suffered with the heat. Hugo used to fit if he got too hot :(

I shall monitor her. Thanks Liz x

Thanks guys but she's feeling like cr@p again today. I've gotten in from work and she is firmly ensconced in her igloo and showing no signs of coming out :(

She has done minimal poos through the day but was chomping hay and nuggets and drinking before I left this morning.

I have put the fan on to her and she seems to be enjoying that, so as it cools down I'll hope she picks up again.

I'm off tomorrow, so will be home with her anyway xx

Back