• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flies help please

jenny s

Mama Doe
just been out and cleaned the bun shed and the amount of tinyfiles id unbeliveable.

is there anything i can do as i worry about flystrike.

the buns are cleaned out every other day

just been out and cleaned the bun shed and the amount of tinyfiles id unbeliveable.

is there anything i can do as i worry about flystrike.

the buns are cleaned out every other day

Sticky fly paper! Does your shed have power?? If so would recommend a blue light fly killer lantern - brilliant!
Tiny fruit flies (although they're not strictly fruit flies) I don't think cause flystrike, it's the bottle flies...) Please someone correct me if that's wrong!!

thanks

the shed doesnt have electric but i will get some of the sticky fly paper.

they are tiny midy things that are in big groups if you no what i mean:lol:

I use a 'Red Top Fly trap', you add water to the powder in it, hang it at least 10-15 metres away from the shed and it attracts flies to it like you wouldn't believe! You can find them on Ebay for about £9 each and they last 12 weeks, I don't bother with papers any more.

They might be coming from the hay, maybe check your batch? I got a batch last year and these tiny flies came out of it when I pulled some out and all gathered high up on the wall...ugh!!

Back