• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie is on new medication

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I thought this may be of interest to some of you :) Although it probably isn't everyones cup of tea.

One of the vets at our practice has started to take a real interest in our bunnies, which is great :)

She is into herbal type medicines and has been doing some research into different "potions" which may help some of our buns.

When Antony was really ill with stasis she prescribed him extract of dandelion root :)

As Eddie is on 3 antibiotics daily she is concerned about antibiotic resistance developing so has prescribed him some new natural medicines. He is now on Echinacea premiun and Siberian Ginseng 0.15ml 3 times daily. They are very high strength and not the type you can buy over the counter.

Her hope was that eventually we would be able to get Eddie completely off the antibiotics and control his infection purely with these meds. But now he has a tumour on his back it seems unlikely we will get the chanace to do that.

We are still happy to give it a go though, especially if it makes him feel brighter for the time he has left :)

I don't know if any other vets out there prescribe similar medicines, but thought I would just share our vets ideas :)

I hope these work for Eddie Keep us posted with the results.
At least there should be no problems with palatability :lol:

What a lovely vet you have,I really hope these herbal meds help Eddie.Is it a bacterial infection that he is suffering from?

Brilliant news that one of the vets is taking a real interest in your bunnies :) Is it one that you knew before Jen left?

Fingers crossed that these have a good impact on Eddie's health, there's really nothing to lose by trying is there, it'll be interesting to see how it goes..please do keep us posted :) (and please give Eddie a big snog from me too :love: )

That is great that your vet is looking into using more natural remedies.
She sounds like a keeper! I have to drive forever if I need to use a homeopathic vet, but it is so worth it.

Brilliant news that one of the vets is taking a real interest in your bunnies :) Is it one that you knew before Jen left?

Fingers crossed that these have a good impact on Eddie's health, there's really nothing to lose by trying is there, it'll be interesting to see how it goes..please do keep us posted :) (and please give Eddie a big snog from me too :love: )

Yes she has been around for a few years but we never really got on with her. Just recently she seems to have really taken an interest in the bunnies, although i wouldn't say she is the most rabbit savvy vet, but taking an interest is half way there :) She came to the house to do all the vaccinations last week for the first time so has now met them all.

She was also really up for doing the PM on Emmy Lou as she was interested in the results too. Sometimes I really have to push for PM's as they are not that keen, especially on a Saturday when they want an easy day :?

Back