• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets fee's

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
Reading around on this forum I have come to think my vet is really rather cheap. I go with this vet, because although he has a reputation for being moe expensive than the other nearby vets, he is very very good with all the small animals, and i know no matter what i can see the vet i want, rather than one of the 12 working at the other vets. I assumed I was being charged marginally more than your average vet, but it was £15.60 for each of the vaccs. £40 for neuter and checkup when I first got him, including 2 follow up checks to make sure he healed (I think i worry just a little too much sometimes). When my guinea pig was ill he went in for urine tests and xrays (squeaking when he wee'd like he was in pain, they were checking for stones and infections) which included a light anaesthetic and that was only £60.

So is this actually cheap? When I lived in York I only had one vet bill for my piggy and that was emergency and they lost her anyway. It cost me £260 for it although I wasnt happy with the emergency vet.

My vet in Lincoln charges £68.00 for a spay, £43 for a castration and £17.00 for myixi/vhd injection and i think a consultation is approx £13.00. So i think our vets are quite reasonable.;)

Good prices.

I have two local vets and the prices differ between them but here is an example:

Vet A / Vet B
Male Netuer £50.00 / Male Netuer £60.00
Female Spay £50.00 (special offer) / Female Spay £100.00
Mixi Jab £15.00 / Mixi Jab £22.00

can't remember the VHD jab cost but there was a difference between the two vets x

Yes that is cheap I was charged £68 by my vet just for the anaesthetic (proceedure is charged extra) :shock: and spent £70 on 2 tubes of Panacur and a small bottle of metacam! I will be changing vets in the future!!! Shame because one of the vets there is excellent :(

I live quite close to you and have dealt with differing vets in your area. I personally use a vet in Ipswich, can't fault him, but yes, he is more expensive.

£65 for a neuter, £85 for a spay. £18 for one vaccination, or both for £32. £ consult £22.99 unless its an ongoing problem, in which case, it's £19.99.

Thankfully I get 10% off! but the I bring a lot of business :p

Back