• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adapting one of these...(zooplus run)

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638#more

i believe many ru members have a run like this from zooplus but could anyone tell me if its possible to remove one of the long side panels to push the run up against some sliding doors?

there are 2 steps down and a row of slabs from the doors onto the lawn so i'm looking for a way to give eric more time outside without him having chance to jump from the top step over the side of a run.

any advice please?

x

I use 2 of the smaller ones made into one big run by removing the end panels so I'm sure it would be possible with the bigger one.

you can take off any panel except for one end because the roof is connected to one end panel.

you could remove the side panel but it wont be secure because it holds everything else up. If you could secure it to whatever it would be pushed up against it would be okay. I know someone who did the same, against a wendy house and used metal clips to attatch it, but it isnt strong enogh to be free standing

:)

x

thank you:D just trying to come up with another idea to get around the steps issue now. wish i could find someone a bit handy with a hammer to give a job to!

i reckon you could remove a short side panel and use thick cable ties to secure the roof, but not a long side - it folds too well so would probably just collpase inwards!

Back