• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flies

huppie

Mama Doe
Do all flies cause flystrike or do I just have to watch out for the scary bluebottles?

I rarely see bluebottles in the buns' space but do see tiny little fruitflies semi-regularly (I think they like the rosemary and thyme...).

Emma

Do all flies cause flystrike or do I just have to watch out for the scary bluebottles?

I rarely see bluebottles in the buns' space but do see tiny little fruitflies semi-regularly (I think they like the rosemary and thyme...).

Emma

It's bottle flies....a specific variety but I can't remember the name! Fruit flies are harmelss....they may act as vectors for viruses but I'm not sure, they only live a day or so...

Emma

:oops: I've often wondered this - glad you asked!

Back