• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard!

clarebear

Mama Doe
Just wondered if anyone let their rabbits have cardboard tubes? Bramble has always had these and enjoys throwing them around. He also nibbles/chew and eats the tubes.

I was talking to my hairdresser last night and she said her rabbit kept getting sick, but when she removed the cardboard he was fine. Could have been a coincidence, but wondered what people thought? :?

Mine was a terror for any wood pulp once - cardboard, paper, wallpaper etc. The vet advised me that it could cause a blockage especially as Thumper's guts slow down from time to time. In our case I felt he was trying to increase his fiber to get his gut to work better. Managed to transfer him to apple twig bark, & safe tree leaves.

A few of my buns get them -but my NZ white was very ill with a blockage probably caused by them:shock::oops: He's banned now - only non-cardboard chewers are allowed them:D

Thanks for the advice. I think I will remove them. I also noticed that he'd been shredding paper that I had put at the bottom of his litter tray. That was the same day we had to take him to the vets!

Wuzzle & Peaches are terible with carboard. Especially boxes. They get destroyed and digested :lol:
We've never had any problems with them :?

I've never had a problem before, and Bramble loves boxes and tubes. I have a feeling he may have eaten some paper that was linning his litter try. :( I've removed everything for now.

Back