• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean your house buns litter tray?

karen1980

Mama Doe
As the title says really.

Had a barney with OH due to him only doing it once a day when I was away on business for work last week.

I do morning - from work and at bed time and basically anytime in between that I feel the need to.

I do mine evry morning as they normally have time in garden however if they've been in all day then its wetter so I'll do that at night too or when needed. We have 2 litter trays so they dont get that bad (1 up 1 downstairs)

I think it depends on your bunny or how many use the tray. I find if I stuff it full for Django it only needs doing every evening. Although, when I had my elderly bun Molly I used to do her's twice a day :D

All litterboxes once a day, I have four litterboxes and three petite bunnies so they don't get too bad.

I'd heard if you do it too often they dont like it-which i find is true.I always change it at bed time but when i let them out in morning their tray only has a few poos in-i guess they just wee in the cage as the tray is "too" clean.They wee more when eaten veg in evening so its usually in need of cleaning at bedtime again even if they've not used it all day.

Every other day. Pig & Eeyore have 6 trays to try to get them not to wee on the floor so they're never very dirty

With millie and Thumper everyday same with skye and gizmo but Fudge is every second day as she is on her own and if i clean everyday she likes to pee everywhere :roll:

Back