• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Getting Male neutered

sarahjayne

Young Bun
I got my female rabbit Neutered over a week ago she been for a check today and for her injection..i took my male rabbit too for his injection..i have booked him in for his snip lol next tuesday

I let them both run round garden together most of afternoon they not fighting.. but my male rabbit is trying to hump my female rabbit all the time..bless my female one was running away all the time lol

Once my male rabbit has his snip will he stop humping ?? and stop spraying cos hes spraying me a lot and its getting beyond a joke:oops:

thanks

I got my female rabbit Neutered over a week ago she been for a check today and for her injection..i took my male rabbit too for his injection..i have booked him in for his snip lol next tuesday

I let them both run round garden together most of afternoon they not fighting.. but my male rabbit is trying to hump my female rabbit all the time..bless my female one was running away all the time lol

Once my male rabbit has his snip will he stop humping ?? and stop spraying cos hes spraying me a lot and its getting beyond a joke:oops:

thanks

It will calm him down and he may not hump so much as at the moment both of their hormones will still be running riot. It should stop him spraying. Lotsof my rabbits have been spayed and neutered and they are much calmer. I have managed to bond two of my pairs so I have a male and 3 female and they no longer hump. It takes several weeks for the hormones to drop !!!

Oh if my male rabbit gets any more laid back he sleep all day lol
Hes really a lil softie:D loves cuddles from his mam:)

I probarly do what i did for my female rabbit i brought her in for a week after her spade with the weather not knowing what it wanted to do etc

I am glad they didn't fight today they even lay next to each other at times, mostly cos they we tired from running round...they also been close in seprate cages with me going to bond them once they were done, think this helped a lot.

thanks

Back