• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little advice? Gassy tummy

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Just been sat out with the buns for half an hour when i gave them dinner.
I could hear Flopsys tummy gurgling every few minutes quite loud but she was still eating her tea and she was running round the shed like usual when i tried to pick her up.

I'm not sure if i need to do anything about it? Im going back out to check on her soon. Should i try giving her a drop of infacol?

Just been sat out with the buns for half an hour when i gave them dinner.
I could hear Flopsys tummy gurgling every few minutes quite loud but she was still eating her tea and she was running round the shed like usual when i tried to pick her up.

I'm not sure if i need to do anything about it? Im going back out to check on her soon. Should i try giving her a drop of infacol?

Rabbits have normal bowel sounds too. I think it would depend on how distended her tummy feels as well as any sound? If it feels hard and distended then I shouldn't think giving infacol would hurt, it's quite inocuous I believe. If her tum feels soft then it's probably normal bowel sounds I would think?
When my buns have had bloat and the tummy has been full of gas, the pain has stopped them eating almost instantly so if she's eating....?

I normally give 1ml rather than just a drop for a bloated tum. If she does suddenly stop eating you'd better call the emergency vet:)

She has had problems with gassy tummies before but these other times she has totally stopped eating and been very quiet and not like herself at all so i've always rang the vet straight away.
Her tummy felt normal and squishy when she let me pick her up

Back