• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bird Seed

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
:roll:When my bunnies were in the garden earlier i suddenly realised Nala was eating grass but the bird seed that had fallen from the feeder when birds land on it.. will it do her any harm? The seeds are all very small things but she kept going back after i moved her away so it was obviously very tasty :shock:

:roll:When my bunnies were in the garden earlier i suddenly realised Nala was eating grass but the bird seed that had fallen from the feeder when birds land on it.. will it do her any harm? The seeds are all very small things but she kept going back after i moved her away so it was obviously very tasty :shock:

It's a constant battle keeping our bunnies away from the bird seed!!!! We've had to hang the feeders well away from anywhere over the lawn, but every now and then a bit gets spilt - I either put something over it, or block the area off. A nibble by mistake is fine, but seeds can cause impaction and the food is very high in protein and starch which isn't great for a bun's digestive system. It's a nightmare...if there's any seed on the lawn the buns make a bee-line for it! :lol: I'd keep them away from it if I were you :)

Charlie licks up Willows bird seed that gets spilt on the floor, even when I try to sweep it up and stop him he manages to get a few bits every time :roll:

If I drop a small amt. of birdseed on the floor, my bun Bernie will hop over and eat it. But accident like that, it only happens once in my house

It's a constant battle keeping our bunnies away from the bird seed!!!! We've had to hang the feeders well away from anywhere over the lawn, but every now and then a bit gets spilt - I either put something over it, or block the area off. A nibble by mistake is fine, but seeds can cause impaction and the food is very high in protein and starch which isn't great for a bun's digestive system. It's a nightmare...if there's any seed on the lawn the buns make a bee-line for it! :lol: I'd keep them away from it if I were you :)

I agree totally. OK we may get away with it occasionally, but impaction is BIG BIG problems.

Back