• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Useful Things -Re Bloat/Stasis

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After Little Bill's epic bloat I thought I'd just mention two things I found to be really helpful. Instead of Infacol which some Buns, including Little Bill, absolutely loathe, I have started to use Woodwards Gripe Water

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/woodwards-gripe-water_1_3431.html?gclid=CJ2fk_6WoZsCFd0B4wodUnoSDw

tbh I have found it to be both more effective and more palatable than Infacol.

The other thing is Twinings Fennel and Nettle Tea.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesc...eanse_Nettle_And_Sweet_Fennel_Teabags_20.html

Fennel is a natural appetite stimulant and I have found the tea really useful for oral hydration. Apart from the Gripe Water it was all I could get Bill to take by mouth for over 36 hours. I usually use Peppermint Tea, but the Fennel and Nettle was definately better for Bill.

xx

Last edited:
I thaught i was the only one crazy enough to feed the buns peppermint tea :lol:

Thank you as all ways for the tips

Cheers for sharing your tips :)
Clipper do a nice organic nettle and peppermint. Touchwood if haven't had to use it on the buns yet: Nettle tea is what I drink when I have the urge to strangle someone...

*puts items on shopping list*

Thanks for the tip, given recent history of buns it's worth me buying them in.

For about 24 hours the only thing we could get down Poppy when she had an impaction and bloat was the peppermint tea - but she preferred it mixed with camomile!! :) I hadn't thought of Fennel and Nettle - I have both! Will remember for next time thank you :D
I actually use fennel for stomach aches - it can be more affect than peppermint as it also aids the digestion (in us humans...so perhaps also very good for buns!)

Last edited:
For about 12 hours the only thing we could get down Poppy when she had an impaction and bloat was the peppermint tea - but she preferred it mixed with camomile!! :) I hadn't thought of Fennel and Nettle - I have both! Will remember for next time thank you :D
I actually use fennel for stomach aches - it can be more affect than peppermint as it also aids the digestion (in us humans...so perhaps also very good for buns!)

The Fennel in the Tea Bags is making my Kitchen Cupboard smell lovely !! :D

The Fennel in the Tea Bags is making my Kitchen Cupboard smell lovely !! :D

My kitchen tea cupboard literally falls open as stuffed with every herbal tea under the sun! I love fennel - like aniseed....am very glad to her little Bill has perked up. I was terrified of fatty liver after just 12-24 hours with no food, I can't imagine the anxiety of 36 hours....hope he keeps getting better :)

Back