• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellets

shelley1977

Warren Scout
My bunnies at the moment are on rabbit food from pet shop,i would like to change them onto pellets and have been looking at A&P and Oxbow bunny basics.how much do you need to feed them on a daily basis and does anyone have any advice on choice of pellets?

Shelley

My lot get a few different pellets.

Millie and thumper get a tablespoon of Allen and Page pellets in the morning and a teaspoon of Excel Mature at night.

Skye and Gizmo get a tablespoon of A&P with 4 pellets each of Excel Oregano

Fudge gets 6 pellets of A&P, 4 of Excel Mature, 4 of Excel Oregano and 3 SS Mature at night and 6 A&P pellets in the morning:D

Along with unlimited hay (meadow, Oat wheat and barley, dust free and burns green oat) and a small bowl of mixed veg around 5ish

Its what suits your bunny best, i found a mix of a few pellets agreed with my lot better, but both brands of pellets are good :wave:

Last edited:
I didnt think it would be such a small amount needed.Thats quite good ,i have notices quite a big price difference between the 2.Im finding it a little confusing:?

Shelley

I didnt think it would be such a small amount needed.Thats quite good ,i have notices quite a big price difference between the 2.Im finding it a little confusing:?

Shelley

Allen and Page are better value but if you only have one bunny or two bunnies it not really worth buying it as it only has three months shelf life. I used to use Allen and Page for Honey but have since changed to Science Selective Mature which suits her better. Wesley is on a mix of Wagge Optimun and Science Selective. I have ordered some Oxbow Bunny Basics Timothy to try to get them both on the same pellets gradually.

Back