• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updated/ Zola has got through her dental

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We knew Zola ( was Zhara) had bad dental problems when we adopted her from Angie and Tracey a few weeks ago, but she has been really bright and eating well.

The vet requested to see her today as we had reordered her meds. She has really bad spurs on her lower molars that will very shortly be causing ulceration :( We already knew that her tooth roots are breaking through her lower jaw and the bone was infected so were hoping to keep her as comfortable as possible for the time she had left. However we now have to put her through a dental. This wouldn't be such a big deal except that the last time she was put under at the rescue she had breathing difficulties and had to be brought round early.:( We really wanted to avoid a GA but it has now come a necessity. She is booked in for Thursday:cry:

On top of that we paid another £450 in vet bills today :shock: I just said to Steve that I might stand on a street corner tonight, he said he might join me and told him not to bother as I wanted to make some money :lol::lol:

Last edited:
We knew Zola ( was Zhara) had bad dental problems when we adopted her from Angie and Tracey a few weeks ago, but she has been really bright and eating well.

The vet requested to see her today as we had reordered her meds. She has really bad spurs on her lower molars that will very shortly be causing ulceration :( We already knew that her tooth roots are breaking through her lower jaw and the bone was infected so were hoping to keep her as comfortable as possible for the time she had left. However we now have to put her through a dental. This wouldn't be such a big deal except that the last time she was put under at the rescue she had breathing difficulties and had to be brought round early.:( We really wanted to avoid a GA but it has now come a necessity. She is booked in for Thursday:cry:

On top of that we paid another £450 in vet bills today :shock: I just said to Steve that I might stand on a street corner tonight, he said he might join me and told him not to bother as I wanted to make some money :lol::lol:

When I said to Mal I was going to do that he said 'You'd have to pay the punters'.......................charming I'm sure !!

I do hope that Zola will get through her Dental and be able to enjoy as much time as possible with you.

xx

When I said to Mal I was going to do that he said 'You'd have to pay the punters'.......................charming I'm sure !!

I do hope that Zola will get through her Dental and be able to enjoy as much time as possible with you.

xx

I was going to choose a corner without a street light as I didn't want to put them off :lol::lol:

I knew we couldn't get through the day without some more bad news!Zola

Oh dear:cry:is this the start of a new trend for RU;)masses of women (and a few bunnymen owners) standing on street corner,s just to help pay their HUGE vet bills:oops::lol::lol:
Have nearly been there a few times myself too:oops::oops:

Oh no sorry to hear she has to have a dental, these buns and their teeth are a nightmare, Lionel had to have his done only 10 weeks after the last one :? What are we gonna do with them!

I will have to think of another fundraiser for you hun xx

Oh dear:cry:is this the start of a new trend for RU;)masses of women (and a few bunnymen owners) standing on street corner,s just to help pay their HUGE vet bills:oops::lol::lol:
Have nearly been there a few times myself too:oops::oops:

I think it might be, I just got my credit card bill this morning :shock:

Zola has had her dental today.

I can't tell you how worried we were about the GA after her previous problems but she is OK :)

She has had a lot of spurs taken off and they did find pus in her jaw again. This is really bad news as she has been on antibiotics for over 2 months for this now :(

we can't wait to get her home, she is such a dear little thing. Despite the pain she must have been in she is so happy and full of life. We know her out look isn't great but we just hope she has many more happy months playing out in the sunshine :love:

Zola has had her dental today.

I can't tell you how worried we were about the GA after her previous problems but she is OK :)

She has had a lot of spurs taken off and they did find pus in her jaw again. This is really bad news as she has been on antibiotics for over 2 months for this now :(

we can't wait to get her home, she is such a dear little thing. Despite the pain she must have been in she is so happy and full of life. We know her out look isn't great but we just hope she has many more happy months playing out in the sunshine :love:

Awww so glad she is ok Liz :D :D

Back