• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh god Fudge, why?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
She must have been at her spay wound and she has managed to pull the scab off and its a bit red looking :(

I phoned the vet and she said if shes is ok within herself, and she is still eating and pooing ok then to keep a eye on her and if it looks worse by tomorrow then to take her in :(

She was going to get a run about today but now she cant :(

Will she be ok? and will she heal ok? Im so worried now :roll:

If she pulls out the stitches and it's not healed she may have to have them redone!

Most of my does have had at least two stiches out themselves (even with wearing the buster collar!) but have always healed up ok.. I would bathe with salt water - it may be itching like scabs do which is why she has had a pick at it :roll: Bunnies eh!

If you clean it and dry it properly then you can smear vaseline on it to help the healing, plus she won't like the taste of it.

Honey did the same she will be fine. Just keep an eye on it. I had to resort to getting the vet nurse to put a bandage over it as she wouldn't leave it alone :roll:

Last edited:
Its been 2 weeks shes been done and it was only internal stitches she had which i cant see (thank god)

Will salt water not sting too much?

I will have to go clean it just now, she has a bit megazorb stuck to it, so ive now cleaned her litter tray and put a towel back in AGAIN :roll:

Salt water solution shouldn't sting - as long as you don't make it mega strong... it will "sterilise" the area and kill any germs. If it stings a little this has to be better than it becoming infected in the long run. It won't hurt her I am sure - my buns have never reacted to salt water bathing of injuries - and my vet recommends it to aid healing without the wound itching.

Vaseline is a good idea too..

We were lucky, Pebs was glued back together after her spay otherwise she would have no doubt pulled the stitches and scabs off.

Our big thing was she had a reaction to the anesthetic. We got her home and she couldnt walk - she took one step then toppled over. Made me and OH cry and feel so guilty. Then to make it worse she turned annorexic on us and had to go back in the vets for a couple of days to get her eating again with lots of meds

Back