• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very sick bun :( Vibes needed :(

ribbons

Mama Doe
Hi folks:wave:

My bunny is back to the vet today, he started taking a fit... He goes on one side & spins round... The vet told me the name of it think began with a T.:shock:

Anyone familiar with these symptoms?

He has been kept in overnight so just gotta pray he is okay...

Vibes please.

Last edited:
It is neurological the vet said & can be caused by an ear infection or by EC.

Wish I could remember the name of it:roll:

Any news? Has he got head tilt with it? It could be due to an inner ear infection as well - vibes to bunny :love:

Any news? Has he got head tilt with it? It could be due to an inner ear infection as well - vibes to bunny :love:

Yeah he has a head tilt.

He was at the vet on Tuesday after he wasnt eating hard food. The vet thought as he had a slight head tilt that it was EC so he was on metacam & panacur. He then was seen Friday & they were happy with him & said the head tilt would gradually go.

Later on Saturday he bumped in to his dish & was on his side so I phoned the vet & she reckoned he was a little concussed & would be too stressful to bring him in so just let him come to...

Then I got home today & he was on his side but couldnt get back on his feet:(:(:(:(

Poor wee man :( It could be Ec but it could also be an inner ear infection. He should be on Baytril as well as the metacam and panacur.

You will need to make a safe place for him - a cage inside with vetbed and soft towels so that if he falls he will not hurt himself. You will have to monitor his eating and his drinking as this can be hard for them to do :( If your vet can prescribe some kind of anti-sickness drug this will help him as well - although he can't be sick he can still feel that awful dizzy feeling :(

Sometimes this can be caused by a stroke or small bleed in the head :( In that case steriods are usually used to help allieviate the swelling. Antibiotics are a must in all head tilt cases.

Let us know how he gets on and sending loads of vibes to him :love:

Poor wee man :( It could be Ec but it could also be an inner ear infection. He should be on Baytril as well as the metacam and panacur.

You will need to make a safe place for him - a cage inside with vetbed and soft towels so that if he falls he will not hurt himself. You will have to monitor his eating and his drinking as this can be hard for them to do :( If your vet can prescribe some kind of anti-sickness drug this will help him as well - although he can't be sick he can still feel that awful dizzy feeling :(

Sometimes this can be caused by a stroke or small bleed in the head :( In that case steriods are usually used to help allieviate the swelling. Antibiotics are a must in all head tilt cases.

Thanks for all the advice. I will def do it

He is at vet overnight & they gave him a 50:50 chance:?

Just spoke to vet & Chico is still very unwell.

He is on antibiotics, fluids, blood tests are being done...

I am so worried for him

If it was a stroke does that leave much chance of survival?

From what I can tell they reckon its Ec but are doing tests.

Just phoned the vets to see how Chico is doing at he is stable & taking fluids & food so thats great.

To phone around 3.30 to check how he is then

Hi Ribbons,
My bun has EC related head tilt...he got ill over a year ago and was much like your bun, rolled round, couldnt stand etc.
He had 6weeks panacur, baytril & tlc.....and he eventually pulled through, but it wasnt a quick thing it probably took him a couple of months to even start walking about again, and he still has a severe head tilt and rolls from time to time.
When you get him back from the vets, make sure he is comfortable with rolled towels in his cage, is he an outdoor bun? Youll probably have to keep him in and watch him.
Is he eating & drinking himself?
I hope your wee boy gets better.....xx

Back