• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine having surgery-found a blockage*SHE'S GONE.....

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
:cry: im heartbroken my dear bunny jasmine has stasis and has become very poorly today. Her stomach has blown up in the last few hours and my vet has just done an xray. She can't see any obvious obstructions but the stomach is so big she thinks if we don't open her up she will die:cry: but the chances of her making it through the op are also very slim but we have to try.
so i'm now sat here waiting for that phone call and i just know it's not going to be what i want to hear....
my poor baby, she was running around the garden yesterday, i can't believe it has come to this
please send all your vibes....

Last edited:
Flipin eck Lisa, i have only just seen this:cry: Hope Jasmine will be ok, I am sending her loads of vibes and a hug to you.

Oh no! Well done for getting straight back to the vet again, I'm so sorry to hear the bloat got worse, poor bunny, I hope she pulls through, fingers and paws crossed here! :)

well..she's still with us but the vet isn't that hopeful. She found a blockage which was mainly hair and it has been removed. The stomach had bloated so much and caused alot of pressure so there was leakage during the surgery which could lead to infection. So i have to wait and see if she can find the strength to pull through:cry: she did say the guts were moving slowly so thats something.
She also said that we had made the right decision as she would have certainly died if we hadn't gone ahead. So we have done our best for her and i just hope it's enough....i just can't bare to lose her:cry:
she's on a drip and still coming round from the anisthetic. I'm ringing back at 6 to see how shes doing.

Well done to them and to you, it's positive they found the cause and have everything crossed that Jasmine pulls through this. Good luck :)

Sending loads of vibes - she's made it this far, thanks to your swift intervention - now it's up to her. Come on little Jasmine! xx

Back