• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on grass

oveione

Young Bun
Hi would it be ok to put my bugsy in a run outside a little on the grass or should i wait till his had his jabs just feel so guilty as have put the guineas out which are munching away he keeps looking out the patio doors and its such a nice day he is ten weeks today

If he's never been on grass before then when you do finally put him out you need to do it slowly, and build it up gradually so his tummy can adjust to the grass. Too much grass to suddenly when rabbits are not used to it can cause digestive upset. I think it would depend on where you live... if you are in the middle of a city and nowhere near wild buns, other animals don't venture into your garden (like a cat that could have picked up rabbit fleas on it's coat) and low chance of mozzi's/fleas around during the day then I shouldn't think the risk would be too much higher than all the mozzi's that come in the house of an evening? We have more in our house in the evening than outside during the day! So a few mins to try it out might be ok. Obviously he does need his Myxi asap as we are in Myxi season now. :(

Back