• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elwood and the girls are at the vets for their anaesthetics/ They're all OK

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I don't think our nerves can stand much more after the last few days :shock:

We have dropped Elwood, Primrose and Peggy-Sue at the vets this morning.

Elwood is still unable to eat properly so is having his mouth examined under Ga as nothing untoward could be found while he was conscious :? He has brain damage so i am worried sick about him, he is my baby :love:

Primrose is having a dental x-ray taken as the vet thinks her bulging eyes are due to tooth roots pushing them out of the sockets, which must be horrible for her. She is an old girl. She also sufferes terribly from fear aggression and bit me twice just putting her in the carrier :(

Peggy-Sue is having a routine dental, but she is also elderly and partially blind and deaf. She gets frightened so easily, it is going to be a stressful experience for her.

We are just praying that they all come home this evening, recent weeks have made us rather paranoid :(

Last edited:
They are all Ok, I spoke to a vet early as she wanted to speak to me about another buns medication. The phone call nearly gave me a heart attack :shock::lol:

They all got through the GA fine. Peggy-Sue had a lot of spurs taken off and needed 2 molars removing. She will be on antibiotics for awhile. I am a bit annoyed that her teeth were so bad as I have taken her up a couple of times in recent months concerned about her teeth and been told each time they were OK :?

Elwood only had a couple of very tiny spurs at the bottom, but nothing to explain why food has suddenly started falling out of his mouth. They have been filed down so I guess we will have to wait and see if he improves :)

Primrose has had a major dental, including 2 molars removed and her tear duct flushed. She has had x-rays which show her roots are in a terrible state. Pushing up behind her eye and through her bottom jaw line. She will be on antibiotics and go back next week for another flush. The outlook isn't that positive for her :( God knows how I will get antibiotics into her, she is impossible to handle :?

The vet initially rang about Zola as I had reordered her medication and they have requested to see her. So we now have an appointment just after 4 for her and hopefully collect the others :)

I was in town when they called me, we were buying some new curtains for the lounge as Eddie has eaten the others. I said rather too loudly in the queue " I'm so pleased, Elwood is coming home and will be able to wee all over the new curtains! " :oops::lol::lol:

so glad they're all o.k

Lots of nose rubs and cuddles for all coming your way xxxx

As for the curtains.......:lol::lol::lol:

I always get funny looks when I say I'm going home to play with my buns:oops::oops::lol::lol:

Great news they're all ok after their GAs :D

Vibes for all of them for swift recoveries, especially poor Primrose - hope things improve for her.

Thank goodness for some good news for you.
Like the bit about Elwood weeing on the curtains :lol::lol::lol:
See my physics teacher was called Mr. Elwood :shock:

Back